Friday, November 18, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #11

Hi All,
Well, I have been stealing some time here and there to complete some card challenges. I really love the R&R that stamping gives me! Lately that has really been needed! Anyway onto the challenge. I went on over to the Freshly Made Sketches site and checked out this weeks sketch.

I liked the layout and here is what I came up with:
I used my Oval Die for my Big Shot with the Holly Berry DP and the coordinating Pines and Poinsettias stamp set. I liked having the softer look that the oval die cut and then embossing folder offered. Instead of using an actual horizontal layer I decided to stamp across and really liked the result. I finally topped it off with the Christmas banner and popped it up with a dimensional. Hope you like the result, I really enjoyed the challenge!
Karin

9 comments:

Rita W said...

Such a nice Christmas card, Karin! I love the torn frame; those pine cones looks so pretty framed like that! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully framed! And I love the Christmas banner!

None None said...

love the different textures you used and the twine adds such a fantastic detail to your card.Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lauri said...

I love how you tore around the frame and incorporated different textures! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda said...

Nicely done Karin! The ovals work well with the challenge.

Jen Mitchell said...

Nice take on the sketch Karin. I love the pine cone image and the sentiment looks great popped up on dimensionals. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

I love your take on the sketch! Very unique and beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

This is a cool version of the sketch! Love the image in the embossed oval frame! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

How pretty! Love the oval frame you used! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!