Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Friday Mash Up #30 "Recycle, Renew, Reuse

Wow 2 posts today! Shocking considering the day! Anyway I actually came home sick as a dog with the worst head cold ever (didn't know I could sneeze so much!). So sitting on the couch, sneezing like crazy and surfing some blogs I checked out the Friday Mash up! The theme from last Friday was about using or reusing items you have on hand or you can copy their sketch OR "mash" them both together. I chose to "mash" them as I had all these pieces and knew I could complete the sketch in 5 minutes! I have the house from Christmas Lodge already cut out for another project that didn't come together like I thought, ribbon I had pulled off another "old" project that wasn't working for me and left over pieces of my favorite retired designer paper "Deck the Halls". To top it off I had some Close to Cocoa paper I couldn't bear to part with and pre-cut Top Note Die. All I did was add the sentiment on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla! So here is my very first on-line contest entry in an attempt to turn this day around!
Hope everyone is well! :)
Karin

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Dont you love it when you have extras laying around that make putting together a project super easy?

I love the DSP you used and the colors, they are some of my favs and of course this image rocks! I think its one of the best Christmas sets SU has put out in a while and you added some great touches with just a tad bit of color and then glitter for snow!

Great job mashing up the challenge, and thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

Wow! I love the blend of patterns. Thanks for playing the Friday Mashup!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Karin. What a fabulously easy card to put together when you have all the elements just laying around waiting or inspiration. So glad we provided that for you!

Your card really does look so great. Love the pleated ribbon.

Thanks for playing.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Heidi Baks said...

The card came out lovely! Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.