Saturday, November 12, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #10

Hi All,
Needed a few thank you cards for some wonderful people I met at a workshop last week and was trying to think of a layout...So I went on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blogspot to see this weeks challenge.

I really liked the clean layout. I always find it challenging to stick to a clean design even though they appeal to me. I am one of "those" people who has to add this or that. So I used the layout, turned it horizontally and added a sentiment in the center. I used my crimper on the Soft Suede paper to give it texture and used a piece of Spice Cake DP for the center panel. Hope you like what I came up with!! It was a lot of fun to play along!
Karin

8 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Lovely card Karin ... I really like the colour combination with that DSP and your crimped background is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Lauri said...

Wow..this is great! The crimped background is genius! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Gotta love crimping - such a great effect! Love the classic look of your card! Perfect fall colors!

Rita W said...

You just can't go wrong with Spice Cake! I love the crimped background too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

None None said...

Love those crimped panels! The colors are gorgeous and your recipients will love the cards.

Jen Mitchell said...

I have been reminded lately that I should b&&yue using my crimper more often! I love how you used it for the Soft Suede layer. It adds some great texture and definition to your card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lesley said...

Yeah!! I love the crimper! Great card and colours, you have done a wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

The crimped layer is awesome! Love the texture. Perfect card for your workshop stampers! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!