Friday, September 20, 2013

Freshly Made Birthday

Evening All,
I thought I would share a card that I made tonight for my Great Aunt's 102nd birthday. Yup you read it correctly, last weekend was my grandmothers 101st and this coming weekend its my Aunts turn! Great genes especially since they are on different sides of the family!! Anyway I was having a tough tough time coming up with a layout. So I went on over to Freshly Made Sketches and found another great sketch:
 
Here is what I came up with:
 
I used a base of River Rock, a layer of Cherry Cobbler and another layer of Soft Suede that I ran through the Lattice embossing folder. The Cherry Cobbler panel was layered on a piece of Comfort Cafe. I used the Gold Encore ink and my "Wonderful, Favorite" stamp set. A button and some retired canvas ribbon and I was (finally) done. Hope she likes it!
Have a great night!
Karin


2 comments:

Amy O said...

Wow! Those are some milestone birthdays! I love the texture on your card, and the colors are so rich and make me yearn for Fall. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

She is sure to love this!! How fabulous to celebrate with your family! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!