Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Freshly Made ...Scraps!



Hi All,
I have had a very busy few days getting ready for a little "break". Funny how a vacation can be work getting ready for! Anyway I had needed to get a move on making my grandmother's Thanksgiving cards. Even though she is about to turn 100 (yup I have a grandmother who is almost 100 and a great aunt almost 101!! I am very fortunate!) she is very particular and is sharp as a tack! So I was given my instructions, "five cards" "in some nice Fall colors, like greens, yellows, etc". So I had my assignment for colors now I needed a sketch. I had gone on over to Freshly Made Sketches and they did not disappoint!
This is what I came up with:
I was really excited as I was able to use all the gorgeous little scraps I had kept from my retired Spice Cake DP. Love all the rich colors! I got to mix the old with the new and used my new Perfectly Preserved stamp set and the coordinating Cannery Framelits from the Holiday Mini. I added some texture to the More Mustard with the Wood Grain embossing folder. I was so happy with the look I sat right down and finished all the cards! Hope she likes them 'cause I sure do!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karin


No comments: