Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another Reason to Smile

Hi All,
I wanted to share the third card that I will be presenting to my stamp club this July. I had been inspired by a cutting technique I had seen over at my friend Linda's Blog. There you can see who she was inspired by. I thought cutting the edge was a perfect technique to showcase the "Reason to Smile" stamp set, as well as the Floral District DP. Without further delay here it is:
Here is a closer peek:

After stamping the edge of the whisper white card stock in Staz on, I colored the flowers to varying degrees with blender pens and Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight ink. Then I cut along the edge so that when it closes you can see part of the inside edge of the card. I place a 2 x 5 1/2" piece of coordinating DP so that you get the "splash" of the pattern to show through. For a final touch I took another piece of the DP and ran it through the Beautiful Wings folder and placed the butterflies on the front. Hope they like it! Thanks for stopping by!
Karin 

No comments: