Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CCMC182




Morning all,
I was on such a great role until yesterday! Ugh came home from work with a sore throat which turned into a lovely fever! I can not stand being sick! So anyway didn't get a chance to post this card I made for Create with Connie and Mary's challenge of the week. Here was their sketch:
Create Sketches Portrait-015

I used the sketch as a basis for another of my Valentines. Here is what I came up with:
Hope you can see the gold embossing! My camera is still DOA and I have been using my iphone (its a totally amazing tool but I haven't even begun to tap into its abilities!). Here is my recipe:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Paper: Everyday Elegance (new saleabration paper!!), Lucky Limeade and Pool Party
Embellishments: Gold Embossing powder, Versa Mark, lucky limeade organza ribbon and sticky back pearls
Punches: Small Scallop punch
Thanks so much for checking out my card! Here's to a healthier 2012!!
Karin


3 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Love how you used the sketch and colors (so non-traditional) for a Valentine's card! I haven't used that set in ages! Love what you did with it! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Deb said...

I really like how you paired the Vintage Vogue set with the new enchantments designer papers. Very clever! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Great vintage card. Great shabby chic design. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this wee