Friday, January 6, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #16 & CCMC 183




Hi All,
I was in the mood for adding another card to my Valentine's Day "stash". So went on over to Create with Connie and Mary and they had a great color challenge:
2012 Create Challenges-001
Now that I had my color palette I needed a sketch so went on over to Freshly Made Sketches. Here was their great sketch for the week:
                                                
Another great design as usual! Here is what I came up with (I ended up taking two photos with my camera as I wasn't sure which one showed the colors the best:



I really enjoy participating in all challenges, but really think the color challenges make me work outside my comfort zone. For example, I don't normally reach for Soft Suede, but I really love how it looks layered with Blushing Bride and Pool Party! My recipe is as follows:
Cardstock: Blushing Bride cardstock and DP, Pool Party and Soft Suede
Ink: Pool Party
Stamp Sets: Sweet Shoppe Alphabet
Embellishments: Big Shot and Polka Dots embossing folder and Pool Party Seam Binding  (New for the now live Occasions Mini!! YEAH!!!!)

Hope your enjoying your Friday!
Karin



11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentine! And I struggle too with cameras, lighting and colors!

Lesley said...

Lovely! I too struggle with my photos. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deb said...

Cute card! I love how you used the three circles for your greeting! Very clever! And great job with the color challenge! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Jen Mitchell said...

Cute card. So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone on the color challenge and mixed it with our Freshly Made Sketch!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute.

Rita W said...

Cute card and such a good take on both those challenges! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Debbie Henderson said...

Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week! Cute way to use a trio of images and punches!

Nance Leedy said...

Don't you just {heart} the Pool Party seam binding?! Sweet card and pretty use of the challenge colors...Thank you for playing with us at CCMC this week!

Mary Brown said...

Sometimes I just can't get a good picture either! What a cute card! Love how you used the circles in the center and made it your sentiment! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Fun way to combine two challenges. Cute little card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree with you that color challenges are more challenging for me, too! Very cute little card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!