Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Less is More Week 52

Evening All,
Well feeling more human and trying to not panic about all the "stuff" I have to do to play catch up! Ugh so anyway I figured whats one more night?? Right??!! So, anyway went on over to Less is More and they had a great challenge:

They requested that the card be
  • rectangular
  • in landscape orientation
  • with the band remaining in a vertical position 
As it's a very simple sketch,  we would like it to remain as is without any rotation of either the card or the vertical band.

 Simple sketches are not so simple for me, so I felt that this would be a great challenge for me. Here is what I came up with:
I really like how it came out! I am very proud of myself :) It was SOOO hard not to add a few butterflies or a ribbon!! LOL!! Here is what I used:
Paper: Naturals Ivory and Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft and Classic Ink
Stamps: Sunflower and Loving Thoughts
Tools: Watercolor pencils and Gamsol (love how it brightens the color!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Karin

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a beautiful card... there's something about partial images that is really fascinating... this looks beautiful!
A gorgeous CAS card.
Thanks so much for joining us and we'll look forward to seeing you again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sheila in Cyprus said...

When I first saw your card on the LIM site, I wondered what the image was, but now that I have seen it close up am thinking, "what a brilliant idea". It suits this sketch perfectly. Love it1

Love Sheila x

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Karin
I do love chopped off images!
Superb

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

This looks great Karin. Love the brown tonings with this sunflower image.
Annette

Doris said...

Love how you used this giant stamp! Check out the different ways I used that one on my blog (Sept. posts) Hope to "see" you there!

Scrapmate said...

Loving the partial image. It works so well with this stamp.

TAM said...

You may not have found this simple but you've certainly come up with a stunning piece of art.