Sunday, January 8, 2012

Less is More week 49

Morning All,
Made a "deal" with myself this morning, I can complete one challenge then I must do paperwork! Well I was surfing to some of my favorite blogs and I checked out the Less is More Challenge. Their challenge was for your card to be:
                     Predominantly Purple

I was immediately drawn in as I love the combination of Stampin Up's in colors Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder. Here is what I came up with:

I really feel like the "white space" shows off the combination nicely. I have been dusting off and using my Vintage Vogue set quite a bit lately, its so versatile! Here is what I used:
Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder
Ink: Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder
Stamp Set: Vintage Vogue
Punch: Moder Label
Embellishments: Large and regular sized Sticky Back Pears (the large sized are new for the Occasions Mini!)

I did a modified rock and roll technique on the flowers. I didn't have the ink pads, just the markers. So I colored each flower and edged it with the darker marker then I cut them all out for depth and layered over that corner. I really love how it turned out and I think I will be adding this card to my Valentines stash. I love using non-traditional colors for cards!
Have a great day!
Karin

12 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karin
Gorgeous Flowers ....love that stamp set....
Hugs sylvie
xxxx

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and the image is super

Welcome to 2012

Kathyk

Suzilou said...

Love your flowers and beautiful creation :)

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous!
What a beautiful card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous, Karin! Such a beautiful combination

Linda said...

One of my all time favorite stamp sets. This is pretty in purple! Well done!

Margaret said...

This stamp set is one of my favourites as well - beautiful card!
Margaret x

Scrapmate said...

These are beautiful stamps.Lovely card.

Mandi said...

Terrific card the flowers look beautiful Karin


Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

Gorgeous flowers and placement x

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Karin, this is so pretty!

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp
Beryl x