Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FMS17 & PPA126


 
Evening All,
Well dinner is cooking I thought I would run into my craft room to complete a challenge card. I had gone over to the Pals Paper Arts color challenge earlier in the week and loved the colors:
I knew these were the colors that I definitely wanted to use! Next I needed a sketch, so I of course went on over to Freshly Made Sketches  and they did not disappoint! Here is their great sketch:

I combined the two great challenges and here is what I came up with:
I really loved how it came out. I almost added a sentiment but after playing around with it, I thought it looked better as it was. I did a really cool technique on it called "ghosting". It gives the image an almost 3D look. You stamp in a light color (i.e. Baja Breeze), then use your Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the image slightly to the left and stamp again in a darker color (i.e. Not Quite Navy. Not sure if you can tell from the picture but I watermarked the panel in the center with the leaf image. My recipe is as follows:
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Versamark
Stamp Set: Just Believe (I really need to use that more!!)
Ribbon: Baja Breeze Seam Binding.

Hope you are having a great week!
Karin


8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You combined these two challenges beautifully! Elegantly done!

Lesley said...

Love the combo of the colours and sketch! That set is one of my favs! Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I really like the shadow effect you have created.

Jen Timko said...

This technique is perfect in the colors you chose! Love this card. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

I had forgotten what a great technique "ghosting" is. And that stamp is perfect for it. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card!

Cindy Hall said...

Gorgeous. Perfect example of the technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... how great does that silhouette look in 3d, and I love the blues!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!