Sunday, January 15, 2012

Try Stamping on Tuesday #48

Hi All,
Had a chance to make a challenge card today before running into work. I had gone on over to Try Stamping on Tuesday earlier in the week and I LOVED the sketch:

Once I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a "fancy fold" card, where the bottom design is folding up and over the main design. To do that you need to cut your 8 1/2 cardstock vertically at 5 1/2 so that it is 11" long. You then score it at 4 1/4 and then 8 1/2 to make your folds. Here is what mine looks like closed:

Here is with the card open with it standing like an easel:

I water marked the inside as well, but it doesn't show up very well on my photos! I used Pool Party as my base and the beautiful Everyday Enchantment DP from the Sale-a-bration catty for my punches and Die cut, as well as the organza ribbon. I really am happy with the way this card came up and it is going right into my Valentine pile!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

ps editting to add another picture of the front as the light was better..I hope!!

 

3 comments:

Kristen Conant said...

Karin nice job on our sketch! Thanks for playing along this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

Lorie Hethorn said...

Nice card! I like the colors! Also the pearls are a nice touch.

www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

CherylAnn Robinson said...

What a pretty valentine! I like the colours and patterns you used. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.