Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fm #41

Hi All,
Slow morning over here! Fun, late night with my stamp club!! Its always a lot of fun, but the discussions last night were somewhat concerned. You see the neighborhood is full of us "animal people" meaning we are "softies" for anything with four legs. So the uproar is that a poor black and white kitty has been around the street all week, going from house to house being fed and hiding in garage's for shelter. He/she is very skittish but stayed on my deck eating some cat food I left for it as we all sat in the kitchen and crafted. I ended up talking my significant other into borrowing a have a heart trap so we can catch it to bring to a local vet to be scanned. I really hope it has a chip!! Fingers crossed!

Well onto the card of the day. I went on over to The Friday Mash Up. Here is this weeks challenge:
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Thank You" themed Project.
  2. Or Make a project "Using Designer/Patterned Paper".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project with Designer/Patterned Paper".

I chose to "Mash it up". Here is what I came up with:


I hope you can see the gold embossing!! I used soft suede for my base and embossed the Sunflower stamp as background (totally love!!) and then made my band from a layer of pool party and Spice Cake DP (sadly retired). I then used my Kindness Matter stamp set and gold embossed the butterflies, cutting out each one, gold embossed the "Thanks" and layered on pool party seam binding. That is the "it" color for me!!
Have a great day and GO PATS!!!
Karin

ps edited to add a second picture of the card. I think it may be a better shot:

7 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Karin,

Very lovely card, I like the mix of colours you've used.

Thanks for playing along with us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Heidi Baks said...

Golds and browns - very rich colors! And I love the pairing with the Spice Cake paper. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

Lesley said...

Wonderful technique. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

hollybeary creations said...

That gold embossing really pops against the suede background.. I hope you were able to find out who the kitty belonged to. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

Rita W said...

Oh, I love the embossed sunflower; it is gorgeous! What a great thank you card. I'm so glad you were able to catch the kitty and get it back home. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Lisa said...

Great idea to do the embossing, it looks fantastic and I really like the use of the Spice Cake DSP!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

Wow...that gold embossing is great! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!