Sunday, January 22, 2012

MOJO 224 & CCMC185






Hi all,
Made these cards Friday night. I got into a new challenge (to me) Mojo Monday and they had a great sketch:

Now that I had my sketch I needed a color palette so I went on over to Create with Connie and Mary and they challenged use to use the following colors:
2012 Create Challenges-003
 I wanted to experiment with using mostly designer paper with minimal to no stamping so here was the first card I came up with:
I really love the Everday Elegance DP in the salebration catalog!! I really enjoy the  shabby chic/vintage style as you can tell from the card above. The only stamp I used was the filigree image from the Pines and Poinsettias set. I also went heavy on the sponging and tearing. As I was looking at this card I really was thinking about how it would look "cleaner". The clean and simple style is quite nice, but not the easiest style for me. I took another "crack" at it and here is what I came up with:

Same color palette but I replaced the Crumb Cake base with Whisper white and the stamp with the "Thanks" from Kindness Matters.
I like how both cards came out and think I will enter the Shabby chic version for the Connie and Mary challenge and the clean and simple(r) for Mojo Monday. I would love to know what you think!!! Thanks for stopping by!!
Karin
GO PATS!!!!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Both cards are wonderful! I have trouble with the vintage look and tend to do the cleaner look mostly. You have inspired me to keep trying! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Both cards are nice. I'm like Deb, I find it easier to do a cleaner look, so my preference is toward your 2nd design. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

Both cards are delightful. I'm just the opposite from you...I struggle with shabby/chic but give me CAS any day! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Nance Leedy said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CCMC! Both cards are lovely and show a real versatility! Glad you could join us!