Sunday, January 29, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #19

Morning All,
Can't believe how fast weekends fly by! I am working really hard to carve out time at least 4-5 days a week to make a card, complete a challenge, etc. So far I am right on track! For today's card I went on over to Freshly Made Sketches and Jen Mitchell had a great sketch:

And here is what I came up with:

Here is what I used:
Paper: Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory, Calypso Coral and Everyday Elegance DP
Ink: Pool Party and Crumb cake (for distressing)
Punch: Curly Label
Stamp Sets: Loving Thoughts (so so beautiful!)
Embellishments: Pool Party Seam Binding, Everyday Elegance Brads and Sticky Back Pearls, Big Shot and Top Note Die (you run it through as you would normally do then take that shape and turn it horizontally and run it through again. That gives you this awesome shape!!).

I chose not to distress the base layer of Naturals Ivory as I liked the contrast with the DP and the sentiment. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Karin

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Really pretty! I love that paper! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Very pretty! Perfect sentiment with this lovely paper! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Your card is lovely ... the paper and colours are so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the tricky Top Note! very pretty card!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, love the pretty papers.